Re: BOP 215 Hydraulic lifters

To: MAFOX2U@aol.com
Subject: Re: BOP 215 Hydraulic lifters
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:54:13 -0800
2/27/00

        According to my parts books, the following all interchange.  These
are all Buick engines, though the Chevrolet Truck, Jeep, Oldsmobile, and
Pontiac applications of the same engines also apply.  Part number is VL 41
(Big A) or 213-1664 (NAPA):

196 V6-NO!
62-63 198 V6
64-67 225 V6
231 V6-NO!
64-67 300 V8
53-56-322 V8
66-67 340 V8
350 V8-NO!
57-61 364 V8
65-66 400 V8
59-66 401 V8
63-66 425 V8

        The 1 thing I do not know for sure is whether the Rover ones also
are the same.  I have always assumed they are, but cannot seem to find any
direct corroboration of that.

Cheers,

Dave K.