Replacement Interior Saga

To: "RRO List" <rro@playground.sun.com>
Subject: Replacement Interior Saga
From: "The Becketts" <hillman@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:20:19 +1000
(Buick-Rover V8 list scroll to bottom of page.  Skip the first stuff)

I flew interstate to Adelaide yesterday (flew back this morning) to have a
look at the Range Rover interior that was being offered for sale.

In some ways the 2,500km round trip was a waste of time and money.  But it
could have been worse, I could have bought it sight unseen and then, when I
had it at home, wondered what I was going to do with it.

The driver's seat was worn and had cigarette burns (they did warn me of at
least one hole).  The passenger's seat was better but not brilliant.

The rear door trims had some slight damage (from prying children's
fingernails?) that, I guess, one had to look for.  And I was looking.

The clincher on not buying was that I just didn't like the cloth material.
It was a rough cloth, a bit like a rough beach towel.  Not as nice as the
cloth seats in my own car.

In fact, ther interior of my own car is better than the one that was offered
for sale.  I guess I keep looking.

One thing that is worth knowing is that this mob appear to have a pretty
good range of stuff and quite a few Rangies, Discos and SD1s that they are
wrecking.  They had some nice stuff in there colour brochures too -
especially Rover V8 stuff for Triumphs and MGB V8s.  They have a website
http://www.triumphroverspares.com.au and email ask@triumphroverspares.com.au

Check the Targa Tasmania TR7

They have a nice Toyota Supra gearbox conversion for Rovers and P76's as
well as TR7/TR8. Quote "Will handle 400hp - very smooth change"

Ron Beckett
'86 Range Rover 4.6L

Editor, Webmaster & Database Manager Hillman Owners Club of Australia
http://www.hillman.org.au
Editor, Land Rover Owners Club of Australia (Sydney Branch)
http://www.localnet.com.au/~lroc
Personal web site http://www.users.bigpond.com/hillman