Interesting item on eBay web site item#459536723: Buick : Special (Skyla

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#459536723: Buick : Special (Skylark)
From: bowan@uswest.net
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:48:43 PDT
I saw this 62 Skylark with 215 on e-bay.  Could be a good project car for
somebody.

Title of item:  Buick : Special (Skylark)
Seller: 62skylark
Starts: Oct-05-00 11:25:31 PDT
Ends:   Oct-12-00 11:25:31 PDT
Price:  Currently $1,200.00
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=459536723

Item Description:
        Garage-stored in Claremont, CA. this original-red convertible has a
215-aluminum block V8 engine.  The engine was rebuilt a few years back  (has
less than 500 miles on it).  Engine is running - albeit a little rough from
lack of use.  The trans linkage needs readjusting - won't shift into reverse
(last on the column).  There is a chance that it is the transmission, but
doubtful.  It has a 2 barrel carb in it, but have a 4 barrel with all the extra
parts.  Surface rust only, the frame is solid.  It has been unregistered for
20+ years.  California DMV told me "that it would no longer be on the books and
would have to be re-set up when it is ready to hit the road".  It is original
red with a white top.  There are too many extras to mention. Please look at all
the pictures to get an idea.  There are extra fenders, bumper, grille parts,
steering column, seats, hood, light fixtures (interior and exterior),
transmission parts, ash trays, seat belts, door panels (for templates) and!
 trim pieces.  A roll of the ribbed material for the seats is also included,
and the original manual for care of the convertible top.  Be sure to check out
my attached album for all the pictures of the car and parts. Family priorities
are keeping me from restoring this little car.  It is stored in my uncle's
garage and it can't be there anymore so it needs to go.  Buyer is to make
contact within three days of auction close and make arrangements for payment
and pickup.  Buyer is responsible for all costs involved in transporting the
vehicle and all parts.  I accept credit card payments through paypal.  If you
have any questions please email me before bidding and I will do my best to get
back to you as soon as possible.  Thanks for looking and happy eBay'n!

On Oct-06-00 at 07:10:11 PDT, seller added the following information:
I accept payment through X.com's PayPal!I'm VERIFIED so Buyer Protection is
guaranteed.

        Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community at
http://www.ebay.com