Re: Intake Manifold Torque

To: SteveMines@verdugohillshospital.org
Subject: Re: Intake Manifold Torque
From: jon <jonaxt@pacifier.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:44:31 -0700
According to my factory Buick manual, the torque on those 3/8-16 is 25
to 30 foot pounds. Quoting "6.  Tighten all manifold to cylinder head
bolts a little at a time until all are snug, then torque to 25 to 30 ft
lbs. Use a reliable torque wrench and do not over tighten. Tighten clamp
bolts at front and rear of gasket to 10 to 15 ft lbs torque." There's no
mention of order, which surprises me. They do show that the two longer
bolts are at the front I'd use RTV around the water passages, front and
dummy rear. Jon