Starters/Headers

To: "V8 List" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starters/Headers
From: "Corky" <corky@zaks.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 09:56:33 -0400
Thanks for the replys on the starter question, but they made me think of
checking on this - has anyone used the high torque starters with hugger
headers ? I can't remove/install my current starter without loosening the
exhaust header to make some room. You can remove the starter bolts, the
starter won't come out. Last year when I had the slipping ring gear problem we
tried all kinds of ways, but loosening the manifold was the only way to get it
out.

My headers are about 10-12 years old from Mike the Pipe in england if that
helps.

Also - with the HT Starter, does it engage before it starts turning like GM
products, or start turning on the way in ?

Leon ....