Re: JETSTAR for sale

To: Lar Kaufman <lark@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: JETSTAR for sale
From: Bill Elliott <wcelliot@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:20:35 -0500
That's why we Corvair owners like Corvairs.  The later model cars ('65-69)
easily surpass the vast majority of 60's cars in roadholding and are still
(somewhat) competitive against modern cars.

While I run a fairly stock configuration with a hot Corvair engine, 215
installations in these cars are not unknown. The coolest application is
reversing the engine and mounting it in the stock Corvair engine location.
Mid-engine is another option, but since the weight is not as important there,
most go with more cubes.

One of the coolest aplications along your lines is being done by Frank Parker,
part of the C5 Corvette race team at GM.  He is using a Cadillac Northstar
drivetrain combined with Corvette brakes and custom coil-over struts in a late
Corvair...

Bill Elliott
Lake Barrington, IL