Re: Spark Plug Question, AGAIN

To: SteveMines@verdugohillshospital.org
Subject: Re: Spark Plug Question, AGAIN
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:39:14 -0700
8/22/01

Oops------sending again because forgot to remove the edit request at the
bottom.

8/22/01

Steve,

        In 1961, the original plug for the 2-barrel Olds 215 was AC #46FF
and for the 4-barrel it was 45FF.  This is from the factory shop manual.
The 1962 AC list shows 46FFX and 45FF respectively.  63 Champion list shows
UL-15Y and L7.  79 Champion list shows L15Y (Replace with L95Y, when supply
eshausted) and L12Y (Replace with L87Y, when exhausted).  Resistor version
of L12Y shows as RL12Y.  87 Champion list does not show it.  96 NGK list
does not show it either.  All sources show a gap of .030", except the
factory manual, which shows .040"  Hope that gives some potential points to
check in the cross references, or up-to-date catalogs.  The factory manual
shows 12 to 17 ft. lb. torque (with 1 drop of engine oil on threads).

Cheers,

Dave Kernberger