RE: [Fwd: Re: 14 CUX EFI]

To: <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: 14 CUX EFI]
From: "Heasman, Jamie" <Jamie.Heasman@fujitsu.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:41:11 +1200
Pieter,

I would also add that the stepper motor can get a bit gummed up at times and
cleaning this can pay dividends.  If you remove it (black box at the back of
the plenum - screws in and has a large nut shape moulded into it) you will
probably see some sooty deposits on it.  If it gets too clogged up the idle
speed can be erratic.

I had very similar problems with a 4.3 TVR Griffith and that turned out to be a
combination of dirty stepper, road speed sensor and faulty TPS!  Two of these
didn't show up on the diagnostics when hooked-up to the ECU as they were still
within tollerance just out of the appropriate range at key times!

Good luck and if you ever feel like get an aftermarket ECU do it as it can pay
dividends.

Cheers

Jamie