RE: Blown engine details

To: buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Blown engine details
From: "" <james_nazarian@excite.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 18:43:01 -0500 (EST)
 I found a small picture of a rod on Dan Lagrou's site and it appears that my
rods were not modified just ground to remove the casting ridges.James
Nazarian71 B tourer71 BGTV8 with ventilated block and 4 piece cam85 Dodge Ram
with bad gas mileage--- On Sun 12/15, &lt; james_nazarian@excite.com &gt; wrote:
I think that the rods were originally of an H beam design with a ridge or bar
around the entire beam and small end; my rods were H beam in shape and clearly
showed that the small ends and the beam had been ground, what leads me to
beleive that there was another ridge around them was that about 3/4 inch of
this bar was left on each side of the rods where the big ends tapered into the
beam.