Re: Bellhousing Bolts

To: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Subject: Re: Bellhousing Bolts
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 19:08:32 -0500
Message text written by "James J."
>   A silly question, but I'm about to do my first Rover rebuild, and I
was wondering if anyone knew what the thread-sizes were in the
bellhousing flange on the back of the block.  I want to mount it on my
engine stand, and I don't have a bolt-set or a set of taps readily
available, and I don't want to take the block to the hardware store,
either ;-)
<

But being made of aluminum it would be quite light.  Besides, I proudly
display my aluminum engine whenever I can.

Instead of taking the block to the hardware store you can take out a bold
and take it instead.

Or you can buy 3/8-16 bolts (if you trust my memory - I wouldn't)

Dave