RealSteel heads

To: "rover V8" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RealSteel heads
From: "jon axt" <vonaxt@pacifier.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 08:19:00 -0700
I just talked to RealSteel 011.44.1895.440505 and they confirmed that they
are developing heads for the Rover engine. They expect to be done by summer
of 2004. The effort has been going on for two years. Their website
http://www.realsteel.co.uk/
has nothing but contact information. Maybe if we bug them they'd post
updates on the development. They just made a couple castings and testing is
next on the schedule. I don't know what's involved in making new heads; I
would guess that nowadays simulations are performed before committing the
design to metal. They are not based on OEM heads and will bolt up to the
3.5, 3.9, 4.2 blocks.
Jon