Re: New Aftermarket Buick/Rover heads (not Wildcat)

To: JJJ <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Subject: Re: New Aftermarket Buick/Rover heads (not Wildcat)
From: Richard Barrington <richard@freedomwigs.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:51:02 +1300
James,

I'd imagine there's a lot of us folks who would be keen on a decent set
of after-market heads, particular those running stroker motors. Indeed,
I've also talked with a company who is making very good heads for a
range of motors and it's certainly a very doable project. The catch is,
as you say, getting real interest and people prepared to put up some
cash.

Personally, I wouldn't be saying yes/no/maybe until I'd seen some dyno
and flow figures from a prototype set. Also important is the target
application; race heads are overkill for many, and maybe street heads
aren't enough for some... They would of course have to produce somewhat
more power than ported 4.6 heads to be worth 2000+ USD. Although, to put
that in a perspective, RPi "ultimate" heads seem to be around 2600 USD.

I don't know what sort of numbers you were looking for, but when I was
going through numbers, I figured 50 or so sets made a "from scratch"
project possible at a price a little lower than your target (which is OK
if you just want some good heads, but less so if you want to make any
money out of it...).

Cheers,
Richard.