T-5 behind a Rover V8

To: "rover V8" <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: T-5 behind a Rover V8
From: "jon" <jonathanrussellaxt@pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 09:26:48 -0800
I recall a discussion about interference when a T-5 is placed behind a
Rover. The solution was to put a spacer between the clutch housing and
transmission. Well, I've determined that the projection at the back of the
crank contacts the end of the input shaft (not the pilot, but rather the
splined portion), and I fixed it by cutting a little off the crank
projection (which contains the pilot bearing). I determined that there is
0.044 interference, so cutting off 1/8 inch gives plenty of clearance. The
pilot bearing is still fully surrounded. I made a small 5/8 inch plate with
a 1.342 bored hole to act as a guide. I used my angle grinder to remove the
1/8 inch.

BTW, I laid that portion of the engine/transmission in cad because I'm
making a flywheel to accept a multi-disk clutch.

Jon, 4.2 Rover in my TVR S