List Hat

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: List Hat
From: LSheeley@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 11:45:34 EST
I am sorry some on your list have a problem with my List Hat posting. I did
start it with the "I aplogize" line for that very reason. Most of the Lists I
have contacted have been very receptive to my idea. How else can I communicate
what I think and other car groups think is a good idea??

It would be great if somebody on the list could do the hat or denim shirt or
fanny pack or whatever you might want done. To get a logo "digitized" to be
stiched involves a "tape charge" of $75 to $100 for most commercial shops. I
don't charge for the design and digitizing work. Than, most shops require you
order 3 or 4 dozen or more of anything in order to get a reasonable unit cost.
By the time you add the tape charge the $8 or $10 hat cost $13. Somebody has
to front this money to make the hat happen. Then somebody has to be willing to
mail them out to individual list members and be responsible for lost hats.
That's what I do. Also, the commercial shop won't put Bob's 75 Roadster or
your nickname on the back of the hat on a custom basis and charge $2 or $3 for
that.

I do this on a part-time basis. I have a real day job (although low-paying)
and am a car enthusiast trying to finish my son's car. I also do car shows.
I've done the British Gathering in Townsend, Tn. for the last several years. I
am not some big company, corporate America thing trying to make a quick buck.

I was just trying to offer what I thought was a good idea at a below-market
price. While the message was spam, I thought the idea might be discussed by
the group. It really doesn't involve a great deal of money since the average
group only has 2 or 3 dozen hard-core members who order a hat anyway, so I'll
warn you in advance not to order 6 doz. hats unless this group is different
from the others.

Again, I'm sorry for the spam.

Lynn Sheeley
Knoxville, Tn