Re: Fwd: aluminum block 215" V8 for sale!

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fwd: aluminum block 215" V8 for sale!
From: "Mark G. van der Hoek" <captainhoek@koan.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 07:32:14 -0800
The Buick 215 is indeed a mean little motor.  I had a
brother-in-law who was a maniac street racer during his
foolish youth.  He has a B&W 8x10 that some took of him at
the local drag strip in his Skylark (? I think) powered by
his 215.  In the photo he's just caught 2nd gear and the
front end is about 2 feet off the ground.  A second later -
it all came apart!  The clutch blew up.  He still had the
engine when I knew him.  Don't know about that weird
transmission, but the 215 is a solid performer.

Something suitable for a Spitfire or some other anemic
sports car, right?  <grin>

Mark van der Hoek
Hemet California
Former and futeure 2000 owner