Re: British Car Humor

To: glasgow@serv.net
Subject: Re: British Car Humor
From: frankr@hwcn.org (Frank Roggeband)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:52:55 -0500

>One of my friends at work has the quote in his signature file "Two more
>rolls of duct tape and the world is mine!"
>Gordon Glasgow
>Renton, WA
>http://www.gordon-glasgow.org

  Must be a fan of Red Green. "Spare the duct tape and spoil the job"
"The handyman's secret weapon... duct tape"

  My first 510 had a cheap body job done using none other than, you
guessed it, duct tape. No it was not me who did this but a national
chain called M**co.

  The roadster has not been started yet but it is safe and sound just
around the corner. The hood, such as it is, is still about 10 miles
away along with the driver's door. If I can't find a replacement hood
I was assured they can fix the old one.

  Body shops around here have been real busy with all the snow. After a
dry 8 month long summer people seem to drive like they have never seen
the white stuff. Funny how 4x4's and sport-utes in the ditches and wrapped
around solid objects outnumber cars nearly 9 to 1. Hmmmm. Then I should
talk, my first truck was lost due to a collision with a solid object
hidden in a snowdrift.

--
Frank Roggeband  |  67.5-1600, 69-1600, 69-510, 75-710, 93-KingCab
Grimsby Ontario  |  Home Page-->http://www.hwcn.org/~ae845/Profile.html