Re: FS: 5 speed tranny in Texas

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <glasgow@serv.net>,
Subject: Re: FS: 5 speed tranny in Texas
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:18:45 -0600
>At 11:55 AM 1/15/99 PST8PDT, John F Sandhoff wrote:
>>I'm posting this for a fellow in Texas that I exchanged messages with -
>>I do not know him personally. He didn't know about the group, so I
>>offered to pass this on. Please respond directly to him.
>>
>>He has for sale a Roadster 5 speed transmission (FS5C71A, which appears
>>to be the expected number). He's had it stored away since 1980. He claims
>>it's a solid unit, and is offering a 30 day money back guarantee to back
>>it up. I don't think the clutch arm is included, but you'd have to check.
>>He can deliver in the Dallas/Ft Worth area; talk with him to work
>>out shipping to elsewhere (it's maybe 75 pounds?). His price is $400.
>>He's Tom Harriss, 903-758-7894, atharriss@juno.com.
>
>FWIW, I looked at the picture of it on e-bay and both the input shaft and
>shift linkage looked very rusty, in spite of the fact that he said it was
>in his storage unit. Not saying it's good or bad, and I'm CERTAINLY not
>criticizing John for helping out. I'm just reporting what I saw.
>Gordon Glasgow
>Renton, WA
>http://www.gordon-glasgow.org

The 903 A/C is northeast of here. Not sure how far away Tom is, but if
someone wants me to take a serious look, I'm willing to do so. I'd be
interested for one of our 510's, but I think I'll stick with the later Z
boxes.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@cyberramp.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)