early datsun pix

To: "datsun-roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: early datsun pix
From: shifty <shifty@well.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:06:27 -0800
Hi folks,

I bid low on some early Datsun photos on Ebay (yes, I'm an Ebay addict),
and what do you know, I won!

They are from a Detroit auto exec's trip to Japan in the mid 1930's. His
wife is the woman in the photos. If anyone is interested in early Datsun
photos, the guy I bought them from says he has more - I can put you in
touch.

As near as I can figure, using the Pictorial History of Pre-war Datsun,
the cars are a 1935 sedan and a 1935 roadster. Funny, it seems they
changed the sidemarkers every year back then as well - good thing or I'd
have no way to guess!

I made some desktop pictures (wallpaper for you Windows types) at 1024 x
768, check 'em out at:

http://www.shiftco.com/early_datsun/

Also, if anyone could proof my katakana, I would be grateful (I know just
enough to get myself in trouble!).

Leigh Brooks
San Francisco