Parts for a non-internet member

To: "Post to Datsun Net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Parts for a non-internet member
From: "Robb Pynes" <robbpynes@continet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 20:50:10 -0800
Hi all,

I have been contacted by an original owner of a '69 2000 #10???

He has had since new (69,999 miles) paid $2750.00 for it in Portland

He has had it garaged for all that time in the same garage.

His son is of driving age and wants to get it going again.

Going again ? well it seams that for the last 10-15 years he has been just
starting it up every month.

Got a new battery(ironically he had purchased a J.C. Penny battery in the
'70's and he like me gets a new one every few years, thats right FREE over
10 of em by my count, how's that for a lifetime guarantee!).

He changed the oil's, motor cranks & turns over but does not fire up.

Brake and Clutch master cylinders need replacing and it still has the smog
set up, everything else original (for example the soft top with the
clearest windows I've ever seen on a 30 year old car, also the pop over
snaps on the top are inside the fabric so the only top hooking attachments
you see are the twisties) I put back together two 2000's thought I knew all
about them and then I go and learn something new !!

His name is Greg and his Phone number is (541) 746-0246 (Springfield, OR)

He wants to replace the master cyclinders and get this car running in time
for Shasta

Rather than me order stuff and all that for him I suggested that I post his
number and have all suppliers and interested parties with suggestions call
him until his son can get set up for internet access.

This car has caught fire twice before and been repaired. Car has never been
wrecked and all common fratures of a Raodster are not to be found on this
car. All original, ecept that he has replaced the timing chain (By Vern
Colvin) running on it's second set of tires Michelin 165/14's and the only
other point I could see was the door knobs had been replaced by wood ones
that a pal made for him.

Also on another note: on a car this complete would you advise to not take
the smog stuff off?.
 I think it's kind of rare to see the original set-up

Thanks for all that can help this long-time Roadster owner get his car on
the road again.

Robb Pynes
robbpynes@continet.com
<http://www.continet.com/exe/2000/2000.htm>  U-20 Bomber Page