Re: Ceramic Fuel Filter

To: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ceramic Fuel Filter
From: walter@omni.sps.mot.com (Thomas Walter)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 99 10:07:58 CDT
Robert,

Usually the filters are cloth material. Haven't seen a
ceramic element.

To keep my '68 (early body that still had the glass filter
unlike most '68s) looking stock, I left the original filter
in place. I added a common plastic unit back by the tank
(remember I have a - not original - electric fuel pump
back there, so adding the filter was simple).

Yes, it means two filters, but the rear one will trap any
junk out of the fuel tank before it makes it to the pump
and front filter.

I recommend changing the rubber fuel line every two years.
I only use the "good stuff" such as gates or goodyear hose,
as they last much longer.  The cheap hose (i.e. 'discount
auto supply' like Autozone) will rot INTERNALLY causing
problems with the carbs needle and seat getting plugged up
with little rubber bits. been there, done that, no fun!)

Cheers,

Tom