Alternative Brakes/Manifold Coatings

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternative Brakes/Manifold Coatings
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 20:31:59 -0500
I was looking for a few opinions regarding the prepping and coating of the
exhaust headers before I reinstall my motor.  I am going to do the coating
myself.  What products have you used and how do they handle the heat.  I
will bead blast them before I coat them.  I would like to go with an
aluminum colored coating but do not want to spend a fortune.

Secondly is anyone using an alternative brake master cylinder with any
success? Cast iron alternative are welcome.  I should be able to match up
fittings to use the existing brake lines.  I'm hoping to find something that
is comparable with bore and stroke but yet won't set me back $150!  :-)

By the way my heart goes out to all the Westies spending almost $2/gallon.
I crossed the river into Missouri to fuel up this w/end and spent only half
that!

More questions WILL come before the 2L is totally rebuilt!! Thanks for the
help-this list has been great!

Nathan

69 2000
70 1600 (2.8L Chevy V-6) grin grin  :-)  :-)