Re: s/brake

To: "datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: s/brake
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 16:24:04 -0700
By now, we all know that the S/Brake knob tests the status of the
brake-safety-light to the right of the steering wheel.

By looking at the wiring diagram, I figure it's possible to run a wire and a
diode from the brake pedal switch (tail-light side) to the S/Brake knob and
replace it's ground side. DON'T do this until I test it, it's just a guess on my
part. If it works, then pulling the S/Brake knob should test whether at least
one tail brake light is working, by lighting up the S/Brake light. You can then
walk to the rear of the car to see if all brake lights, light up or not. So
doing this will still test whether the S/Brake light works. The brake pressure
function will continue to work as usual. Extra functions gained with just a
single part.

Has anyone tried this before?

Fred - So.SF, CA
     BADROC