Re: Rearends

To: CalSpeed@aol.com, ROADSTER <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rearends
From: Philip Erickson <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 08:27:24 -0700
Michael
Williams system will work for those who have a limited slip, but not very
practical for those with standard rearends.
I suggest you lift one wheel, and count how many turns of the driveshaft
for TWO turns of the lifted wheel.
You will be going through the spider gears which double the ratio.
Of course if you increase the # of wheel revolutions you will ge a more
accurate reading.
20 wheel revolutions and your home free.

--
Philip Erickson                                  Phone:  (619) 622-7963
Associate Scientist