Re: followers

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: followers
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 18:27:52 -0700
Hmmmm,
        Either this is a cross-posting from the "Wierd Cults" list, or you're
using the British term for valve lifter, as in "Cam follower"...
Now, I thought that the 'follower' on a 2L was a lash cap that was part
of the rocker- is this true?  (I have 2, but haven't had the valvegear
apart)
        For the 1600, which indeed has true followers, I've seen quite a few
"refaced" lifters that are SHORTER than stock, but none longer.  Somehow
an Isky grind in a 1600 seems like overkill...
Roadsters, not bald guys in funny outfits,
Toby