Ignition switch question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition switch question
From: Michael Spreadbury <spreadbm@ucs.orst.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 09:21:04 -0700
I have a quick question regarding the wiring layout of the ignition switch
on a 1970 Datsun 1600 Roadster. I am helping a friend put together his car
that he recently purchased, and we are having trouble making out the correct
placement of the wiring at the ignition switch. I have made a large copy of
the wiring diagram from a Clymer's manual, but it appears to have several
inconsistencies throughout the diagram.

The car had a melted wiring harness when he bought it, so we cannot refer to
the original harness (plus in places that we could it was nothing like the
replacement harness!)

What I need is someone to confirm the correct layout of the wiring at the
switch. This is what we have right now;

B/Y  B/W  B/W (with red band)
___  ___  ___

___  ___

W/R  L (with red band)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, the weather is starting to turn nice
and my friend REALLY wants to drive his "new" roadster!

Many thanks,

Michael Spreadbury
spreadbm@ucs.orst.edu
1966 Datsun 1600