Thanks!!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks!!
From: "NATHAN J RUFFCORN" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 13:19:48 -0500
After having an unpleasant experience this week, I want to stop and say
THANKS to all the roadster parts suppliers.  I have used several with Dean
at Fairlady Products being the most recent.  I did not realize the total
value of their parts availability and expertise until my recent experience
with the local Nissan dealership.
I was attempting to save shipping costs by purchasing several common items
(fuel pump diaphram, caliper rebuild kits) at the local dealership.
Prepared with parts numbers in hand I entered walking past the service
counter.  As I entered the parts area, one of the service writers I had just
passed yelled out "They don't want any!" (Thought I was selling something as
I was on my lunch break dressed in jacket and tie).  Not really the
treatment I was looking for being a paying customer and all!

Being the only customer there when I arrived I assumed I would probably be
in and out quickly.  Wrong again!!  As he was completing my order, another
customer walked in.  He immediately helped them, leaving me standing there
(in mid-sentence) to help the other customer.  He finally returned about 5
minutes later to complete my order.  Even with parts numbers to simply input
and order, I was treated as though I was an inconvenience.

I AM NOT ATTACKING ALL NISSAN DEALERSHIPS AND THEIR PARTS EMPLOYEES!  I have
had several GREAT experiences at other Nissan dealerships in the Illinois
area!

I shared this story to remind us all of the great asset we have with our
roadster parts houses.  You all are great!  Keep up the great service!  Any
of you all thought about putting a "satelite warehouse" in the midwest
somewhere??  :-)  :-)  grin grin

Nathan
"paying customer in Illinois"

69 2000