U20 timing guide question

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: U20 timing guide question
From: Kyle Hagemann <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:25:46 -0700
Hi all - happy Friday!

Hoping for some of that instant response that makes unmoderated lists so
helpful....

Out in the garage is my '69 2000 - adjusted the valves (.010I, .012E) and
thought I'd look at the timing guides for signs of trouble.

I can't see anything in there that looks suspect, but this is the first
time I've looked into the U20...

I did note that the upper (is there a lower?) tensioner bled down pretty
quick once I shut the engine off and pulled the valve cover.  Is that okay,
or a sign of something evil?

What's the popular opinion on initial timing advance?  I took the dist
apart (Big thanks to Fred Katz!!), and reset the point gap, and figgered
this would be a good time to set the timing;-)

Talk to me!

Kyle Hagemann
Santa Rosa, CA 95401
'69 Datsun 2000 - "el projecto"