Re: valves and stuff

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: valves and stuff
From: IMPORT1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 20:13:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/99 12:17:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
toby@wolfenet.com writes:

<< You can gently lap the questionable valve.  If it lapps evenly (the
 whole sealing surface of the valve goes light grey) it's OK.  Only for
 the ultra-cheap of budget, tho- a good valve regrind is almost always
 worth it, if done by a competent person... >>

Well, I suppose If you don't mind spending lots of dough the grind is the way
to go. But if you,like most, want to save some cash whenever possible simply
re lapping the valves will be more than suffice providing they lap evenly and
the seat surface is in good shape. replace the valve seals and straight edge
the head surface. I'll be honest,Ican't remember the last time I had to
spring for a complete valve job without seeing obvious damage.
Jeff Smith
about six 1.6 sentra "rebuilds" so far in 99'
three 2.4 truck rebuilds
one VG 30 (really)
knee deep in a U-20 as we speak!!!!!!! Valves lapped,seals replaced and
carbon cleaned!!
 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/import1/homepage.htm";>Import Enterprise!</A>
http://members.aol.com/import1/homepage.htm