Re: Wireing Blues (and now fuel pump question)

To: ELN/edgarhouse <edgarhouse@earthlink.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wireing Blues (and now fuel pump question)
From: Taylor Hutt <t.hutt@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:39:55 -0700
ELN/edgarhouse wrote:

> Project 1600 is moving along well.  Its been 12 days since we brought the
> car home.  The car is now squeezed into our garage and is pretty much in
> pieces.  The main problem I am dealing with now is wiring.  The harness
> plugs in the engine bay on the left side are crumbling into plastic dust.  I
> purchased a spade terminal block to use as a junction point.  I plan to
> mount it on the fender well in plastic box.  Has anyone dealt with this
> before?  Is there a better way?

Yup, you bet there is a better way: get a new wiring harness.
Rallye has wiring harnesses.  Sports Imports has 'em too.
Fairlady Products can probably get them too.

I got a new engine, dash and starter harness from Rallye and am very
pleased with it -- it helped me finally get my car started.

On another subject : what's a new fuel pump for a '69 2000 run?
My fuel pump was leaking (repaired it, am waiting for gasket seal to
dry) -- but if it's possible to get a new one, then I'll probably do that.

thutt