Re[2]: Factory Fiberglass Hardtop

To: svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com, robbpynes@continet.com,
Subject: Re[2]: Factory Fiberglass Hardtop
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 16:49:33 -0700
This reminds me of a hardtop I saw at Shasta last year. I can't remember
the owner's name, but it was a red low-windshield roadster with T-Tops
(with "I taught I taw a puddy tat" and Tweety across the glass). Yes,
T-Tops. See

http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/images\s98ttop.jpg

She cut the top roof panel off, and cut that in half to make 2 T-Top sections.
Only after she cut the roof panel, did she discover that there are two surfaces
separated by air-space. She had to make a custom insulator to go over all the
cut edges. She made this from a flexible accordian-style rubber hose. That's why
these after-market tops are so rigid (and heavy), because of the
double-surfaces.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC