Re: 2000 clutch recommendations

To: fredkatz@2xtreme.net, Xcokid@aol.com, Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us,
Subject: Re: 2000 clutch recommendations
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 04:57:34 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/99 11:59:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
fredkatz@2xtreme.net writes:

<< It's the 1600 with 4-speed that will spill oil, unless you wrap the trans
 tailshaft, or drain the oil from the trans. The last time I pulled my 1600
 and 4-speed, I wrapped the tailshaft. Everything went fine until I
 accidentally caught the tailshaft going over the front of the engine bay
 and snagged the wrapping. Goo spill! I learned my lesson. Drain the oil
 from the 4-speed before removal! >>

A good solution is to just pop the top of a paint can over the tranny end. If
you want to be extra safe, you can use some masking tape to secure the cap,
but it won't go anywhere unless you really yank on it.

Van