1500 Fairladies

Subject: 1500 Fairladies
From: "Arlo J. Levisen" <alevisen@gdhscats.org>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 15:00:19 +0300
Bryan:

Well, Bryan, this is what I have learned today:

1) You have never listed your car with Dann at Rallye as he does not
   have #12 inventoried.

2) According to Gary, the engine shouldn't be red and twin-carbed at the
   same time.  You didn't mention your horsepower rating, but a single
   pot should be 76 and a twin should be 85.  I suppose yours is 76!

3) The 1965 cars started their VIN's at 10,000.  Anyone know why?

4) R is right hand drive, but no one has yet explained the B or D?

5) According to Dann, Duram's car has a '62 chassis with a late '65
   engine, by engine number, and is an original twin carb/85 hp car.

6) Dann also offers this assessment: Nissan probably put all cars into
   a storage facility with only one entrance.  Initially they built and
   stored cars and then, as they started to ship, they took from some of
   the last built.  He knows of "high VIN" 1963 cars and "low VIN" 1965
   cars.  Nissan did this with other cars they built.

7) There seems to be some evidence that Nissan built at least a few cars
   from the "left-over" bins and then sold them as - some year?

I am not sure if this has been a good day or not!!

Later,

Arlo Levisen