Brought the trailer.

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Brought the trailer.
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 01:44:57 EDT
Hello,

Thank you to all who gave me advise on my trailer purchase.  I received alot
of info on tandem -vs- single.  Tandem would be better by far but I actually
received more praise about the single then I expected.  As things turn out,
the single axel was much more in my price range.  Especially for a "first"
trailer.  So, as you now know, I bought a trailer a few days ago.  It is a
decent single axel unit that was sitting in a backyard.  From $1000.00 I
bargained and purchased it for $400.00.  It was extremely dirty and was
covered with spiders.

I spent the last several days cleaning and repainting it and today I just
rewired and added new lights.  All I need to do is paint the ramps and add
anchor points for my car tie-downs.  Then I can start putting on stickers!
Yes, I am still a kid at heart.  Maybe I will even put more lights just like
the 18 wheelers!  ;>)

I have never driven a car onto a trailer.  It seems easy enough.  I plan to
put a couple jackstands under the rear of the trailer for added support when
I drive up.  Seems as if it would be alot of weight for the trailer hitch to
hold during the loading process.  Any tips from anyone?

I cant wait to post some pics of my trailer on my website.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion