overheating - 1600

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: overheating - 1600
From: eric gilbert <egmalibu@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 23:05:57 -0700 (PDT)
The car was sitting for a month.  Now there's cooling problems.
Sometimes it will stay at 190, sometimes it climbs to 210.  Long stops
at lights it will climb to 220 and take a while to come down while
driving.

I'm having the rad recored and the block back flushed tomorrow.  Maybe
the thermostat replaced as well.  Any other suggestions?

Does anyone know what an "evcuation" system means?  I kept filling the
radiator from the cap over the thermostat, ignoring the overflow tank.
Then I realized it is part of the pressurized system and needs to be
filled as well.

Thanks in advance.

eric
67 1600