Re: FW: Questions about restoration, and are 1600's the Red headed

To: Bahnseye@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: Questions about restoration, and are 1600's the Red headed
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 07:32:40 -0700
Good run, Mr. Bahn! There is precedent for the fast(er) bomber - the DeHaviland
Mosquito
of WWII, powered by two of those lovely R-R Merlins. Rather than hauling around
an 8 to 10
man crew to man guns for self-defense, the Mossy just hauled ass! Faster than
anything the
Luftwaffe could put up after it until the ME262 jet, and still capable of
hauling 2000+
pounds of ordnance. My kind of airplane...

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA