Re: Oil in coolant?!

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Oil in coolant?!
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 12:01:39 -0700
the Gano filter is $29.95.  It's cheaper than having to pull and rod the
radiator.  Plus heres another tip.  When you refill your radiator, use only
prestone, as the other anti freezes that I have used seem to be diluted, so
the anti freeze (having water pump lubricant in it) will be inadequate.
When you feel the radiator water, it should feel slick, that is the
lubricant for the water pump.  I add one gal. anti freeze, then one gal.
water, then 1/2 gal anti freeze, then 1/2 gal water,  repeating this step by
step.  That way you will always end up with more anti freeze than water.
Also do not use the water from your garden hose.  Mix your anti freeze with
DISTILLED water, and you will not have the problem of a mineral clogged
radiator.  use only distilled water in your BATTERY also.  good luck.  Pat