Bob's Cars...was SRL311-00003

To: Jsk977@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Bob's Cars...was SRL311-00003
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 01:18:44 EST
In a message dated 12/30/1999 10:41:02 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Jsk977@aol.com writes:

<< Mike is correct, I spent a lot of time in the late 60s and early 70s at
Bob's
 shops in Wilton and Georgetown CT, and as far as I remember thay always
 started with stock cars.  I even remember that they acquired some "salt
 damaged" cars from Nissan.  These were cars damaged by seawater on the trip
 over, and could not be sold as street cars.
  Jerry Krakauer
 SRL311-00099  >>

OK, OK, I can't stand it any longer...I've got to let it out of the bag! Les
Canaday and I went back to Indiana last May and picked up two 1968 Roadster
racecars. One of them is one of Bob Sharp's "salt damaged" race cars with a
very significant race history! BTW the cars weren't really damaged (but don't
tell anybody). It's one of only 5 high-window race cars Bob built.

It took quite a while to gather the complete documentation and race history
on the car but as soon as I get the photos back I'll tell the whole
story...promise :-)

Cheers,

Craig Carter
Fountain Valley, CA