trunk battery

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: trunk battery
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:36:43 -0600
I have a race car that has the battery in the passenger seat floorboard. (no
seat)  It has welding cable to the alternator and grounds to the body, then
to the frame. Engine and alternator ground to frame.  Without pesky add-ons
like lights, heater fan, etc., it works pretty well.  I'm going to relocate
the battery, or build a sealed compartment, for safety reasons.

By the way, I have a roadster where the PO had relocated the entire
drivetrain to the trunk.  It wasn't hooked up to anything.  I am one of the
very few owners of the rare, rear-engine, lightened by salt damage,
roadster.

Leisure Suit Terry