RE: 5 spd shifter questions

To: "'Gordon Glasgow'" <glasgow@serv.net>,
Subject: RE: 5 spd shifter questions
From: Michael Landskroner <Mlandskroner@mlg.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:56:24 -0500
What keeps the shifter centered and firm are the springs in the
tailhousing which are accessed by the two large bolts on the bottom as
indicated by Gordon. Sometimes they break and if the tranny hasn't been
used in a long time they freeze (rust) so you can't easliy move the
shifter. However, there are also 2 springs in the mechanism where the
shifter is bolted to. Those break also and if if the PO took it apart he
may not have put the springs back. W/O the springs there the shifter
rocks side to side.

Mike