Fwd: Engine Break Oil- one more thing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Engine Break Oil- one more thing
From: Beamonk@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:53:22 EST
--part1_61.618aff30.25a63ea2_boundary

I noticed one day when tinkering with my 2000 that the crankcase had filled
up with gas !! Well, I freaked out and called my mechanic (master bmw tech)
and he told me that it was fuel leaking past the rings as they had not seated
and running it and letting it sit for extended periods was the cause. He
recommended high detergent oil which i promptly did. Twice. I still haven't
run it too much as we are trying to find the time to tune the webers, but the
gas is not in the oil again (so far). Hopefully he was right and i don't have
a freakish head crack or something like that. My .02

BTW just bought a 76 911S for a song, warped priorties or addiction?!
John Brasfield
68 2000 weber

--part1_61.618aff30.25a63ea2_boundary