fw from the Z list

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: fw from the Z list
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 13:38:51 -0800
From: Jon Mortensen <jonboy@thegrid.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 01:57:10 -0600
Subject: <race>6 HOURS OF TRACK TIME 1/15 AND 1/16!!!

My local club, the Cal Poly Sports Car Club of San Luis Obispo, CA is in
a quandry. They've rented the entire 3 mile road course at Buttonwillow
for 1/15 and 1/16. The quandry: not enough people have signed up to pay
for the event. They actually called to cancel, and Buttonwillow offered
to knock $1000 off of the rental price. The club has called on us, its
members, to try to get 10 more people to sign up for the weekend. The
price is $175 for both days, and they have nice lawn areas to pitch a
tent for the night. Last time we went out to Buttonwillow it was a GREAT
time, so I encourage anyone in the LA or Bakersfield area to come out. I
promise you won't be disappointed. The course has everything imaginable
from long straights to decreasing radius turns to esses to hills and off
camber turns.

There will be an estimated 6 whole hours of track time. Cars will be
practicing on Saturday with multiple cars on track and passing only in
specified areas after being acknowledged by the pass-ee. Sunday should
be more track time with timed laps. Cars will be grouped by horsepower
and drive wheels, ie low powered front drives, low powered rear drives,
high powered front drives, high powered rear drives. Safety requirements
are standard racing fare. Battery tie downs must be secure, lugs must
all be there and tight, tires not showing cords, no loose wheel
bearings, and you must have a helmet. Call for more specific
requirements, if you have a question, as I am not the safety officer.

I've been racing with these guys for 3 years and have only positive
experiences with them. They're a great bunch of people. The fastest cars
should be a pumped up Mitsu Eclipse Turbo and a "Dunestang" which is a
tube frame chassis with a 351 Cleveland. As much as I hate to admit it,
I probably will not be in contention for FTD, I don't have time to get
my 3XMikunis on before the event.

>From stock to highly modified, this event is open to ALL Z cars. Please
help us out while having a great weekend. Call Justin Quan, the
organizer for the event to sign up. His number is 805-544-7638.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help!!!!

Jon Mortensen