door removal

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: door removal
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 21:12:47 -0800
Having a good time paint stripping, but I ran into a poser maybe some of you
have solved. I wanted to take off the doors to strip the door frames and
just could not figure out how to release the arm that holds the door in the
full open position. The little devil appears to be welded onto the door and
the part inside the body is held by a large, round washer with a slot cut in
it to receive the other end. How does this thing come out? The driver's side
was easy, as the one on that side broke off before I bought the car!

Paul
67 1600