Re: Fronts of Pistons

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fronts of Pistons
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 11:13:47 -0800
THere's a more subtle,
        yet critical difference.  Usually the wrist pin isn't exactly centered
in the piston- it's offset a few ten-thousands to help counteract the
twist imparted by the con-rod as it sweeps around.  Or, in the case of
tilted engines (Dodge slant 6, many BMW) to counteract the twist and
gravity combined!
        Or so I've read...
Toby