Steering Wheel, 1967

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Wheel, 1967
From: "Alan Vedadi" <alan_vedadi@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:22:16 EST
After countless hours and many long distance phone calls, I finally was able
to secure a "MOMO" hub adapter. The model number is 3500 and is listed for
Datsun 1600 & 2000 roadsters. It is a discontinued item from MOMO. However,
it appears that this  part was intended for 1968 & younger models (so much
for relying in manufacturer's recommendation!)and would not work  in 67 and
older models.

Now, I am a proud owner of a momo hub adapter that I can't use!!!!!! This
hub is a solid heavy piece and can not be modified.

I intend to send it back. But I hate to depart w/it because of all the time
and effort that I invested in finding it.I prefer to find a home for it.

If anyone is interested in this part please let me know ASAP. I only have a
week to send it back for a full refund.

The following specification and information are the accumulation of data
which I have gathered so far:

Grant installation kit for 1966 and 1967: part # 3571 (discontinued in
1985), Spine: 36, .705 outer, .650 inner, 5/8" height, Rim: 3 5/8" .

Grant installation kit for 1968 and younger: part # 4581 (still in
production), Spine: 36, .705 outer, .650 inner, 1 1/4" height, Rim: 3 3/8"

Momo Hub adapter 1600 & 2000 roadsters (no year listed):part # 3500
(discontinued) no spec. available from manufacturer. Physical measurements
linear with Grant 4581.

Also, some members have reported using Grant 3592 for 1968 and younger
models. Some modification to the installation kit will be required.

I have not been able to collect any other information for 66 & 67 model
years.

I still haven't given up!
Please reply if you have changed the steering wheels for 66 or 67 with other
solutions than above.

Alan Vedadi

67 1600