cover

To: Datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: cover
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 15:44:27 -0600
Thanks for the suggestions on my leaky cover.  Answers to responses are:

This is the second cover and I tried to make sure it was flat using a
granite table.  This was not easy due to the "tabs" on the bottom. May
remove those and try again.

I had Luinuti (spell?) grind my cam to their specs.  The car has very little
vacuum at idle, but runs like a scalded dog to 7000.  I think they ground in
to much lift, so the rockers hit the cover.

I have removed the vent shield.  Or, come to think of it - this cover may
not have had one. ???

On over tightening.  I built some pretty valve cover nuts and an aluminum
wrench to tighten them with.  The handle on this wrench is only 3 inches
long and at the sign of deformation I stop torquing.

I will check the head for warpage.  This may be the problem.

Thanks again

Phil Hall
'66 1600