Re: weight distributing hitches

To: ronday@home.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weight distributing hitches
From: KWS711@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:55:41 EST
Wev'e been hauling horses for quite a few years. Started out with a GMC
Sonoma (V6, towing package, HD suspension) and it just barely towed.
Next was a 91 Ford F 250 w/ 302 & 5speed. It towed OK, but we added a
1000 lb camper and it was past maxed out. The 88 F 250 HD w/ HO 351
& auto was next. It towed well with the camper, but was 10 years old
and broke down in the worst places. Finally saw the light and got a
97 F 250 HD 4X4 w/ Powerstroke Diesel. What a difference!!! It would tow
the house if I could figure a way to hook it up!!
The moral is: Get the best rig you can afford. It took us 4 trucks to finally
figure out bigger really is better.

Kim