<FS> 1968 1600/2000 "project car" for sale

To: datsunroadsters@onelist.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: <FS> 1968 1600/2000 "project car" for sale
From: ben.herman@excite.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 12:09:55 -0800 (PST)
A 1968 Datsun roadster is for sale in Richmond, VA.

A few years back, I picked up a pale yellow 1968 1600 in fairly good
condition except that the previous owner had blown the engine.  The body had
very little rust except for small spots where the paint chipped off due to
stones hitting it.  I added a decent set of seats from a 1969 2000.  The
dash had a few cracks, but the rest of the interior and the convertible top
were in good condition.

I then replaced the engine, transmission and driveshaft with a setup from a
1968 2000 and added an intake manifold and Hitachi/SU carburetors bought on
an eBay auction.  I never got around to finishing the job and returning the
car to full operating condition.  I had too many other projects and
interests.

I'm now in the process of purchasing an early Fairlady Z in excellent
condition so my "project car" has to go to make room (and some $$) for this
rare gem.  Come and get the roadster for only $2,100!  I'll even throw in a
hardtop and an extra U20 engine.  If you want them, you can have the old R16
engine, transmission and driveshaft with the deal.  I'll already be losing
money on this deal, so don't expect much flexibility on the price unless you
come with cash in hand and a trailer to tow the car away in the next two
weeks.

Ben Herman