registering an imported car in the US

To: Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: registering an imported car in the US
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:32:11 EDT
Hi folks, I'm trying to dig up some info on registering an importer car in
the US. I have heard that it's possible to register a car "in" alabama
without actually being a residence, and then you can then transfer that title
to whatever state you live in after a set amount of time. I've been scouring
the roadster archives, but can't find any pertinent info. Any help with this
would be great. I've got a friend with a '99 civic type R that we're trying
to figure out how to make street legal.
Thanks in advance.

Van
- http://members.xoom.com/BADROC