Fiero seats & fuel pump ???

Subject: Fiero seats & fuel pump ???
From: Arthur Rockwell <ARTHUR@vistamediagroup.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:11:47 -0700

After 90 minutes of rummaging around the Pick Your Part in lovely Sun
Valley, CA I found a pair of Fiero seats in fairly decent condition.  The
original seats in my '66 were like sitting on the floor pan covered with a
patch of decaying vinyl.  The "new" seats are very comfortable and only a
tad too wide.  I think I'll remove the posts were the soft top frame pivots
because they are digging into the seat back and I don't have a top anyway.
Now, on to my question....

I have been experiencing a loss in fuel delivery.  It was sporadic but has
become so bad that I barely made it home on Sunday from the hardware store.
The engine will die, I have to use the choke and crank the engine over a
while before the glass filter fills up and the engine starts.  Is this a
dying fuel pump?  It still has the original mechanical pump.  Should I
consider an electric fuel pump?  If so, what PSI setting should I use?
Thanks for the info.

Arthur R. Rockwell
SoCalROC
'66 SPL311 with cool seats