Evaluation: New shift knob

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Evaluation: New shift knob
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:35:43 EDT
For all:
Some weeks back a guy on the list, Phil, let it be known
he could make a pretty nice shift knob from aluminum
for $20 or so.  I took him up on the offer, and being a
cheap bas@#$d, I had to stew awhile before going for it.
Would just like to inform the list that it is a
real thing of beauty.  Audi TTs with all their
aluminum trim got nothin on my roadster now!
It is very precisely machined, so it shines and
sort of glows, hard to describe.  Also, the threads are
countersunk, so it effectively lowers the shift knob
and therefore shortens the throw a bit compared with
stock.   I had mine made 2inch diameter, which is
just slightly bigger than stock, and IMHO
exactly the perfect size.  Phil's E mail is
<Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
No, I'm not Phils sales rep, just letting the list
know of a cool addition for your car...and
it sure beats the crap out of my stripped,
cracked, black plastic one.
Best Regards,
Jim
67 pushrod 2L 5spd